|Location:Home>South China Institute of Stem Cell & Regenerative Medicine>Research Laboratories>Zeng Lingwen|
Lingwen Zeng, Ph.D.
Principle Investigator (PI) and Director, Lab of Stem Cell and Molecular Diagnostics
Dr. Zeng received his B.Sc. degree in Agronomy from Huazhong Agricultural University, China in 1984 and PhD degree in Genetics from McMaster University, Canada in 1993. From 1994 to 1997, he had his postdoctoral training in The University of Chicago, USA. After then, he worked in three publicly traded companies (Quest Diagnostics Inc, Scios Inc, and Genetics Computer Group Inc) in USA as a research scientist and project manager from 1997 to 2001. He returned to China in 2001 and worked in Biochip National Engineering Research Center as chief scientist. He joined GIBH in 2004 as a PI and his research interests have been focusing on exploring novel technologies in the areas of diagnosis for human diseases, food and environmental safety, and stem cell research.
Currently, there are eight research staff and nine graduate students (6 Ph.D. and 3 M.Sc.) in our lab.
2. New diagnostic assays for veterinary drug-residue, heavy-metal pollutants (Cu2+, Hg2+, Pb2+), DNA methylation, transcription factors, and mycotoxin. We have developed lateral flow strips and fluorescent biosensors for the fast detection of Clenbuterol, Ractopamine, Cu2+, Hg2+, Pb2+, DNA methylation, C-jun protein, and Ochratoxin A.
3. We have established high-throughput and high multiplexing biochip platforms that provide gene expression/miRNA arrays using the Affymetrix microarray and disease diagnosis using Luminex suspension array. Currently, we are developing a new quantum dot based microarray platform for biomarker analysis and stem cell research.
4. Other projects including: instrument development, microfluidic chips, electrochemical biosensors, and novel nanomaterials for rapid diagnosis.
1. Chenchen Ge, Zhiyuan Fang, Junhua Chen, Jie Liu, Xuewen Lu and Lingwen Zeng*. A simple colorimetric detection of DNA methylation. Analyst, 2012, DOI: 10.1039/c2an35043b.
2. Junhua Chen, Zhiyuan Fang, Jie Liu, Lingwen Zeng*. A Simple And Rapid Biosensor For Ochratoxin A Based On A Structure-Switching Signaling Aptamer. Food Control 25 (2012) 555-560.
3. Junhua Chen, Jie Liu, Zhiyuan Fang and Lingwen Zeng*. Random dsDNA-templated formation of copper nanoparticles as novelfluorescence probes for label-free lead ions detection. Chem. Commun., 2012, 48 (7), 1057-1059.
4. Puchang Lie, Jie Liu, Zhiyuan Fang, Boying Dun and Lingwen Zeng*. A lateral flow biosensor for detection of nucleic acids with high sensitivity and selectivity. Chem. Commun., 2012, 48, 236-238.
5. Zhiyuan Fang, Chenchen Ge, Wenjuan Zhang, Puchang Lie, Lingwen Zeng*. A lateral flow biosensor for rapid detection of DNA-binding protein c-jun. Biosensors and Bioelectronics 27 (2011) 192-196.
6. Zhiyuan Fang, Jing Huang, Puchang Lie, Zhuo Xiao, Chuanyan Ouyang, Qing Wu, Yixing Wu, Guodong Liu and Lingwen Zeng*. Lateral flow nucleic acid biosensor for Cu2+ detection in aqueous solution with high sensitivity and selectivity. Chem. Commun., 2010, 46, 9043-9045.
7. Li R, Liang J, Ni S, Zhou T, Qing X, Li H, He W, Chen J, Li F, Zhuang Q, Qin B, Xu J, Li W, Yang J, Gan Y, Qin D, Feng S, Song H, Yang D, Zhang B, Zeng L, Lai L, Esteban MA, Pei D. A Mesenchymal-to-Epithelial Transition Initiates and Is Required for the Nuclear Reprogramming of Mouse Fibroblasts. Cell Stem Cell. 2010 7(1):51-63.
8. Cai J, Li W, Su H, Qin D, Yang J, Zhu F, Xu J, He W, Guo H, Labuda K, Peterbauer A, Wolbank S, Zhong M, Li Z, Wu W, So KF, Redl H, Zeng L, Esteban MA, Pei D. Generation of human induced pluripotent stem cells from umbilical cord matrix and amniotic membrane mesenchymal cells. J Biol Chem. 2010, 285 (15)11227-11234.
9. Chen J, Liu J, Han Q, Qin D, Xu J ,Chen Y, Yang J, Song H, Yang D, Peng M, He W, Li R, Wang H, Gan Y, Ding K, Zeng L, Lai L, Esteban MA, Pei D. Towards an optimized culture medium for the generation of mouse induced pluripotent stem cells. J Biol Chem., 2010, 285, 31066-31072.
10. Esteban MA, Wang T, Qin B, Yang J, Qin D, Cai J, Li W, Weng Z, Chen J, Ni S, Chen K, Li Y, Liu X, Xu J, Zhang S, Li F, He W, Labuda K, Song Y, Peterbauer A, Wolbank S, Redl H, Zhong M, Cai D, Zeng L, Pei D. Vitamin C Enhances the Generation of Mouse and Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells. Cell Stem Cell. 2010, 6(1) 71-79.
11. Su-min Li, Ling-wen Zeng, Lin Feng and Dong-bao Chen. Rac1-Dependent Intracellular Superoxide Formation Mediates Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor-Induced Placental Angiogenesis in Vitro. Endocrinology, 2010, (151)5315-5325.
12. Mao X, Xu H, Zeng Q, Zeng L, Liu G. Molecular beacon-functionalized gold nanoparticles as probes in dry-reagent strip biosensor for DNA analysis. Chem Commun., 2009,(21)3065-3067.
13. Liu G, Mao X, Phillips JA, Xu H, Tan W, Zeng L. Aptamer-Nanoparticle Strip Biosensor for Sensitive Detection of Cancer Cells. Anal Chem., 2009, 81(24)10013-10018.
14. Mao X, Ma Y, Zhang A, Zhang L, Zeng L, Liu G. Disposable nucleic acid biosensors based on gold nanoparticle probes and lateral flow strip. Anal Chem., 2009, 81(4)1660-1668.
15. Qin D, Gan Y, Shao K, Wang H, Li W, Wang T, He W, Xu J, Zhang Y, Kou Z, Zeng L, Sheng G, Esteban MA, Gao S, Pei D. Mouse Meningiocytes Express Sox2 and Yield High Efficiency of Chimeras after Nuclear Reprogramming with Exogenous Factors. J. Biol. Chem., 2008, (283)33730-33735.
16. Gao W, Li X, Zeng L, Peng T. Rapid isothermal detection assay: a probe amplification method for the detection of nucleic acids. Diag Microbiol Infect Dis. 2008, (60)133-141.
17. Chen Q, Li X, He W, Zhang H, Gao A, Cheng Y, Lei Y, Li S and Zeng L. The epitope study of a-fodrin autoantibody in primary Sjögren's syndrome. Clinical and Experimental Immunology, 2007, 149(3)497-503.
18. Gao A, Chen Q, Cheng Y, Lei J, Zeng L. Preparation of monoclonal antibodies against a derivative of semicarbazide as a metabolic target of nitrofurazone. Analytica Chinica Acta , 2007, 592(1)58-63.