|Location:Home>South China Institute of Stem Cell & Regenerative Medicine>Research Laboratories>Liu Xingguo|
Xingguo Liu, Ph.D.
Principal Investigator, Professor
Dr. Xingguo Liu received his B. Sc. in Biotechnology from Shandong University, China in Jul, 2002, and Ph.D in Biology from Tsinghua University, China in Jan, 2007. During his Ph.D program, he was honored the First Rank Scholarship of Tsinghua University (top1%) as his research achievements. After obtaining Ph. D in Tsinghua University, Dr. Liu went to USA, as Postdoctoral Research Fellow working at Gyorgy Hajnoczky’ lab in Thomas Jefferson University. He was honored “2011 Young Bioenergeticist Award” by Biophysical Society, and this award is "In recognition of your contribution and potential for leadship in the field of Bioenergetics" and worldwide only one. From July 2010, Dr. Liu joined Guangzhou Institutes of Biomedicine and Health, Chinese Academy of Science as PI and Professor. Dr. Liu is member of Biophysical Society, and reviewer of two international journals. He was the invited speaker in many international meetings. Now he takes charge of several grants such as NSFC.
We are aiming mechanism of stem cells fate and modeling/therapy of human genetic diseases. The directions of our lab are:
(1) Role of metabolism and mitochondria in fate of stem cells
(2) Role of cellular signaling in fate of stem cells
(3) Mechanisms of human genetic diseases and therapy by stem cells
(4) Synthetic biology
1. X Liu, D Weaver, O Shirihai and G Hajnóczky, EMBO J 2009 28, 3074-3089.
2. X Liu, G Hajnóczky, Cell Death Differ 2011 Mar 4 [Epub ahead of print].
3. X Liu, G Hajnóczky, Int J Biochem Cell Biol 2009 41, 1972-1976.
4. G Twig, X Liu, M Liesa, JD Wikstrom et al.,Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 2010, 299, C477-487.
5. X Liu, J Zhao, Q Wu, FEBS letters 2005, 579, 4571-4576.
6. X Liu, W Huang, M Li, Q Wu, IUBMB Life 2005, 57, 449-454.
7. X Liu, J Zhao, Q Wu, Biochemistry (Moscow)2006, 71, S101-104.
8. X Liu, J Zhao, Q Wu, Biotechnology Letters2007, 29, 253-259.
9. X Liu, W Huang, Q Wu, Tsinghua Science and Technology 2006, 11, 379-390.